To recreate this look, there are just 4 simple steps:
1. First, paint on a shimmery coal nail polish as your base colour. I used MAC Cosmetics Military from their Holiday 2013 Divine Night Collection.
2. Next, paint on a gold polish (I used mark. Trend Mini Nail Lacquer in Gleam Scene) partway down the nail, creating flicks to look like flames.
4. Last, I decided to top my nails with Essie As Gold As It Gets, which is a gold top coat. This step is optional but adds a bit of dimension and sparkle.
In honour of the movie's upcoming release, I also have a super exciting giveaway for any Hunger Games fans in the Vancouver-area. One lucky reader will win:
- Two advanced screening tickets to "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" on November 20, 2013 playing at 7 p.m. in the Scotiabank Theatre
- A Hunger Games Prize Pack (including the book trilogy, DVD, and lots of other swag)
GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER, KATHERINE!