I was lucky enough to preview some of the products from this collection and received my very own Aztec Brick Eyeshadow to test out. This shadow is a re-promote from 2010, but this time around it's being offered in a larger format (3 grams versus the usual 1.5 grams) plus the aforementioned snake embossing.
The shadow is a gorgeous frosty copper shade that glides on like butter thanks to its Veluxe Pearl finish. Since I wanted to play up the copper as much as possible, I decided to keep the rest of my face quite neutral while adding some subtle pops of colour. For that, I used a few individual fake lashes interwoven with hints of purple from the new Katy Perry Color Pop Collection by Eylure (I've written about some of her other lashes here).
Here's the FOTD I came up with:
- MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance (here)
- Laura Mercier Mineral Powder Foundation (here)
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Let Me Pop
- MAC Eyeshadows in Aztec Brick, Satin Taupe (here), and Showstopper
- NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Alhambra (here)
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Rockstar (here)
- MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara (here)
- Eylure Katy Perry Color Pop Lashes in Ka-Zaam!
- Rock & Republic Contrived Pressed Blush in Tease
- NARS The Multiple in Copacabana (here)
- Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge Lipstick in PK-3
- MAC Lipglass in Moonstone
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR (Kung Hei Fat Choy / Gong Xi Fa Cai)!