Blogs and Youtube are such great sources for inspiration and new knowledge... in fact, I've learned so many things from both that it was hard to narrow it down to just 3!
1. HOW TO USE A CURLING IRON
Even though a curling iron is now my go-to styling tool, there was once a time when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. This video by MakeupByTiffanyD was the first one I ever watched.
2. HOW TO TIGHTLINE
Tightlining makes a huge difference because it fills in the gaps between your lashes and is a great way to add some subtle definition to your eyes. When I first heard about the process a number of years ago I was super confused so naturally took to Google in search of answers. I can't remember the exact site I ended up on but this Makeup for Life tutorial breaks down the steps really easily.
3. HOW TO MOONWALK (but not very well)
In my first year of undergrad, my friend and I spent countless hours trying to teach ourselves to do all sorts of cool dance moves when we probably should have been studying for our exams. We watched videos on moonwalking, house stepping, and hand waving, and practised in front of the mirror in our rez floor bathroom. Unfortunately, 8 years later I am left with little talent to show for our efforts!
P.S. Don't forget to check out the other girls' answers to this question and their must-reads for the month of November!
- Alison*Elle - Alison has found her perfect sweater.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle was finally able to layer for the chilly weather, and decided to try it with burgundy and fuchsia.
- Ella Pretty - Ella shares recent outfits and her Black Friday purchases.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay debuted her new bangs and found a new love for glammed up collars!
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen is ready for the holidays and has her wishlist made!
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle has popped and is making the most of her pregnancy style.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette is remixing a summer silk tee by adding a dark blazer.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen is preggers and is taking us on her journey!