I'm taking a large and liberal interpretation to this question because I've been dying to share some of the yummy places I've discovered here in Calgary. So let's imagine we're being very unhealthy and eating out for every meal "today" as I give you a run-down/snapshot tour of some new faves for breakfast, lunch, and dinner :)
BREAKFAST: Galaxie Diner
In addition to delicious home-made milkshakes, they serve breakfast all-day, and you can easily get the classics or opt for a special like the Montreal Smoked Meat Hash (made, of course, with authentic Montreal Smoked Meat). The diner also offers bottomless hashbrowns. But honestly, they give you so much food anyway that it's hard to eat much more. Still nice to have the option though!
There's always a huge line (as is the case with popular brunch joints), but it moves pretty quickly and I'd say is worth the wait.
Address: 1413 11th St. SW, Calgary, AB
LUNCH: Boxwood Cafe
The Boxwood Cafe is hands-down one of my absolute favourite restaurants in Calgary. I actually have dreams about the sandwiches here... kind of sad, haha!
Located in the restored gardens of Central Memorial Park, this cute little restaurant offers a range of sandwiches, soups, and stews made with local and sustainable ingredients. It's also got a great rustic decor and communal tables for a more homey vibe.
The Roast Bite Beef Sirloin sandwich is my favourite item on the menu (and the subject of those aforementioned dreams). It's served on fresh house-made ciabatta bread with arugala and other seasonal ingredients. So. freaking. good.
Address: 340 13th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB
DINNER: UNA Pizza + Wine
my post on Nicli Antica?), but I think I actually like UNA the best. Too bad it's in Calgary!
The restaurant's decor is modern without being overly trendy and it's a great place to come for a date or girls night.
Since I like my pizzas as plain as can be, I always opt for the Margherita. UNA's version is made with san marzana tomato sauce, fior di latte mozzarella, crushed basil, and the most delicious crust I have ever tasted. I don't know how to describe it properly but it's super crunchy and kind of buttery. Basically I could just eat the crust all day but that would probably result in a very sick and carb-overloaded Alison.
Address: 618 17th Ave. SW, Calgary, AB
P.S. Don't forget to check out the other girls' answers to this month's question, as well as their October must-reads!
- Alison*Elle - Alison caused a dressing room scene and lived through the embarrassment to share her story.
- Beautygirl24 - Noelle used one of her favorite bloggers as inspiration to create a pretty outfit.
- Ella Pretty - Ella attended her first fashion show - and received free pants!
- Lilly's Style - Lilly is enjoying wearing burgundy this Fall.
- Lindsay J Everyday - Lindsay's lovely layers.
- Love, Lipstick & Pearls - Kristen has been Falling into Fashion with these style inspirations.
- Schnelle Couture - Danielle mixed black and brown for the first time and was pleasantly surprised.
- Sequins and Stilettos - Skylette's fall wardrobe has consisted of a lot of skinny jeans and flowy tops.
- The Currently Obsessed - Mehreen's coveting these items ... And recently knocked one off her list!