It's been a while since my last nail art tutorial (see my gradient nail tutorial and leopard print nail tutorial), so I'm super excited about this one... Cupcake Nails! Aren't they cute?
For this tutorial, I used a number of products from AVON and Vervegirl, including the new Nail Art Enamel which will be available as of January 2013 through AVON Independent Sales Representatives, 1-800-265-AVON, or online. These small polishes come with a precision brush for more detailed nail designs. If you don't have nail art polishes, however, don't worry! You can just use regular nail polish with a small paint brush or a toothpick might even work for the cupcake wrapper, cherry, and sprinkles.
Before you begin to create your cupcakes, you may want to start off with a base coat. I used AVON Gel Strength Base Coat.
1. Paint your nails the base colour and let dry.
2. Create the cupcake wrapper by drawing thin lines from the base of your nail upwards.
3. Add the icing by painting "clouds" from the tips of your nails to a little less than halfway down.
4. Dot on a cherry at the very tip of the icing.
5. Add different coloured sprinkles in a random pattern.
Lastly, finish off with a top coat to protect your hard work. I used AVON UV Gloss Guard Top Coat.
One thing to note is that this particular mani works best if you have rounded nail tips like mine. If you have square tips, you can simply reverse the cupcake orientation to have it facing out and it works great that way too.
As always, please let me know if you try out this tutorial. I'd love to see your versions!